Thursday, March 20, 2014

{ three ways that i want to "bloom where i'm planted" this spring }

In last weeks SMP Living interview, I mentioned one of the best pieces of advice ever given to me by my dear Granny  was to "bloom where you're planted." Well, this season I'm going to do my best to act on it. 

Here are three ways I want to bloom this spring:



finish and organize my office space
I think I've mentioned it here a time or two before but I truly am dying for an office to call my own (with a work buddy, of course). An inspiring place to work that is  far away from my unmade bed, dishes in the sink and other household duties that glare at me while I'm trying to get work done at home would be utter bliss. BUT, that's not in the cards for now. So I must bloom where I'm planted, which is my little office in my kitchen. I did quickly get it together to make it semi-functional myself (which many of you saw in the SMP Living feature) but it still has a long way to go before it's a truly functional and enjoyable space. I'd love to switch out the desk chairs, maybe relocate the (FABULOUS) Chasing Paper wallpaper to another wall in my home (yes, that's possible!) and switch it out with a wallpaper that is a little brighter/bolder. I've got a new rug from Dash and Albert, and I'm planning on finally organizing and styling those back shelves. We're gonna make it work, people!


explore my city and the areas surrounding it
i don't have the extra money to do a ton of traveling right now, but in order to scratch the itch i'm going to make more of an effort to visit the places that are easy for me to get to. one of the best things about living in baltimore is how close we are to DC (just a 30 minute train ride), new york (3 1/2 hour bus or car ride), the beaches in delaware, the vineyards in virginia, as well as an inexpensive bus ride to boston and farther up the east coast. i'm ready to get out of my little rut that i feel like we've all been stuck in with this long, cold winter.


move it outside
in an effort to cut down costs, i really want to back away from paying gym membership fees for now. i might start back up again when we're in the dead of summer, but spring weather is the perfect time to take your workouts outside. fresh air and sunshine + getting your heart beating is just about the best medicine one can take. so rather than fretting about not having a gym to work out at, i'm going to take advantage of the great outdoors and challenge myself to some fun, new outdoor workouts. 

what about you guys? how will you bloom where you're planted this season?
lovelovelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment