Thursday, March 13, 2014

{ huge thank you + what life is really like before a photoshoot }

{photo by the amazing Love By Serena for SMP Living}

I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to all of you for your extremely kind words about our feature yesterday on SMP Living. I was beyond excited when Jacquelyn reached out to me for the feature, and seeing it come to life was such a dream come true. Most days my life is pretty mundane, and I'll be honest, getting ready for the shoot was tooootal chaos. I mean literally y'all, I had to stuff so many random things in drawers and nooks and crannies so that it wouldn't all be in the way of the shoot, and I STILL don't know where anything is! I was getting ready for this thing until the very last possible second. I think I got dressed five minutes before Serena (the amazing photographer) got there. I didn't even have time to shower. So there's that! Most things aren't as glamorous as pictures might have you believe, but we are so, so thankful to have this little home of ours captured so beautifully, and couldn't be more grateful for all of your kind words and comments.

As a decorator, it can be hard not to put a TON of pressure on yourself when it comes to your own home. I wanted this apartment to reflect my style and taste in every way, but it's not just mine. I share it with this wonderful guy and that means that even if every corner isn't exactly as I would design it, it's a combination of both of us, and I think that makes it all the more special. I am a huge advocate of creating homes that are lived in, personal, reflective of those who live there, and have an easy elegance about them. No one wants to live in a museum. If my dog couldn't cuddle up with me on the couch, I'd be horrified. I hope that comes through in my designs and client work.

If you're interested in working together, please don't hesitate to hop over to my website and learn about the services we offer. Whether you live in Baltimore, DC or across the nation, there's a plan for you. Thank you all so, so much again for the support. It means the world!

lovelovelove.
C

4 comments:

  1. i loved both features yesterday! i love your home and let's face it cuddling on the couch with your boy and pup is seriously the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I found you for the first time yesterday through SMP and am already hooked on the blog. We share a theater background... I got out too :) Can't wait to read more.

    xo Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Would you please let me know the wall color you have in this picture, my fiancée is obsessed with it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete